Wella Professionals has shared with us the insider tips on how to achieve some of the hottest hairstyles seen last night at the 71st Golden Globes Awards. Three Wella hairstylists have provided their tips on how to achieve the looks that they created yesterday. The looks are from our Girls favourite, Allison William, Golden Globe winner Elisabeth Moss and Golden Globe nominee Julia Louis-Dreyfus. See how you can steal their style at home!
Hairstyle and tips by Celebrity Stylist Anthony Campbell using Wella Professionals
Photos of Allison Williams sourced from Huff Post Style.
1. Wash and condition hair with Wella Professionals Enrich Shampoo and Conditioner
2. Gently towel dry hair and then apply a dollop of Wella Professionals Velvet Amplifier to prep hair for a controlled look.
3. Blow-dry your hair using a large flat brush to achieve pin straight hair. Ensure the hairdryer isn’t too hot, which can cause it dry out and break, giving you frizz.
4. Once the hair is completely dry, create a deep side parting for added elegance.
5. Run a flat iron over hair, section by section finishing off each piece with a light spray of Wella Professionals Stay Essential Finishing Spray and leave to cool.
6. To finish, add a few drops of Wella Professionals Oil Reflections, which will increase shine to hair for an added pop, without weighing hair down or looking greasy.
Hairstyle and tips by Celebrity Stylist Alex Polillo using Wella Professionals
Photos of Elisabeth Moss sourced from Huff Post Style.
1. Start with clean, towel dried hair; apply a generous amount of Wella Professionals Extra Volume Mousse to the roots all over. Comb thru to the ends.
2. With a flat brush, rough dry hair in desired direction in an upward motion to give lift at the root.
3. Then, using a flat iron, add a little wave to the front section using a wide, ‘S’ motion. For long lasting style, give hair an even coat of Wella Professional Stay Firm Finishing Spray (this will also help protect hair from heat styling!)
4. Sculpt and separate ends with Wella Professionals Ocean Spritz Beach Texture Spray.
5. Secure that the hair stays in place throughout the evening by misting a final spray of Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray and Volia!
Hairstyle and tips by Celebrity Stylist David Gardner using Wella Professionals
Photos of Julia Louis-Dreyfus sourced from Huff Post Style.
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair using Wella Professionals Brilliance Shampoo and Conditioner.
2. Carefully squeeze and lightly towel dry with minimal rubbing or pulling then combed through with a wide tooth comb to allow the natural wave and texture come back.
3. Apply a generous amount of evenly starting in the nape and working forward, then with the wide tooth comb from before, gently comb through ensuring an even distribution roots to tips.
4. Gently dry hair on a low heat using a diffuser, encouraging the natural waves especially around the face, and lifting the roots on the crown until the hair is almost dry, a little ‘cold’ to the touch.
5. Using David’s favourite NEW product Wella Professionals Oil Reflections, apply a few drops at this stage with fingertips all over, it really sends the shine factor into over drive and on the red carpet or a night on the town girls that is crucial.
6. Continue diffusing the hair until dry and see the Oil Reflections really lock in the shine and volume while holding the curls together.
7. Loosely pull the hair back while looking in the mirror for symmetry, hold hair in a high pony tail and using a covered band (ALWAYS) to prevent breakage, secure into a nice tight pony tail, from the side it should bounce nicely off the crown of your head.
8. Once that is done use a tail comb, lighting lift the root area where needed, David likes to lift the sides out a little and lift on the top, the pony tail will keep whatever you do in place. Play with the pony tail itself with your fingers, loosening the shiny gorgeous curls to the desired fullness and effect.
9. Finish and always set style, David always uses Wella Professionals Stay Firm Finishing Spray, lightly spray entire style.